Pathways to Protection: a panel discussion and film preview
In recognition of World Refugee Day 2013, ORAM – Organization for Refuge, Asylum & Migration – brought together a panel of human rights and LGBTI activists and refugee experts to honor the struggle of sexually and gender nonconforming people fleeing violent persecution.
During this event, ORAM also proudly released Blind Alleys: the unseen struggles of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex urban refugees in Mexico, Uganda, and South Africa. The product of two years’ intensive field research, Blind Alleys portfolio comprises reports, film documentaries, and practical guidelines for refugee service professionals and policymakers who want to work more effectively with LGBTI refugees and asylum seekers.View the reports
Listen to the event audio recordings and watch the documentary film preview:
- No Place for Me [10 minute film preview]
- Panel Remarks
- Questions and Comments
- Conclusion and Thanks
Information Session: "The Emerging Legal Landscape for Same-Sex Couples"
“The Emerging Legal Landscape for Same-Sex Couples”
Friday, 12 July 2013, 2:00-4:00pm
ORAM’s Headquarters, 39 Drumm St., 2nd Floor, San Francisco
- Thank you for celebrating San Francisco Pride with us!
- Pathways to Protection - Panel Discussion and Film Preview about LGBTI Refugees
- Join Us for SF Pride on June 30th, 2013
- "Pathways to Protection" - Film Preview and Panel Discussion, June 17, 1 to 3 pm, Washington D.C.
- ORAM Second Annual Lecture Series
- ORAM hosts 2nd Annual Lecture Series